Wednesday 28 April 2010

When In Doubt ....

Finding the perfect cupcake recipe isn't as easy as it may seem. Apparently in London you are either a Hummingbird or a Primrose Hill lover. I'm not convinced and think that I must typically be somewhere in between. I've tried to get to that middle point with my own recipes but haven't quite got it right yet, resulting in Alex eating some pretty dodgy cakes along the way.
I'm sure I will get there soon, but for me nothing quite beats resorting back to the Victoria sponge recipe when you're feeling a bit deflated with it all.... Obviously re shaped, resized and decorated as I please!


Victoria Sponge Ingredients:

225g/8oz butter or margarine
225g/8oz caster sugar
4 medium eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
225g/8oz self raising flour
milk, to loosen





No comments:

Post a Comment