Wednesday 14 April 2010

Let there be Cake



The big problem I have with my new cake baking venture is that a) I'm not really meant to be eating wheat and b) If I'm spending more time at home baking cakes then I may actually end up looking like a little porker! Luckily, so far I have found that baking too many cakes and treats is a great cure for wanting to eat them. It's the poor people closest to me that are going to end up rolling around oinking for the duration of my baking fad!

Today I made my first attempt at piping the frosting onto the cupcakes.I usually find smearing it on a whole lot faster and also a lot more 'home-baked' like. The piping didn't go so well - No big dramas, it just didn't quite look like it does in the shops. Firstly I had the wrong nozzle and then I couldn't quite bring myself to put too much frosting on... Do you know how much hazelnut spread goes into these things - Oh, the guilt!

I'm off to try and clean the remainder of the frosting out of the piping bag… Another advantage of just spreading it on with a spoon.







No comments:

Post a Comment